The Ultimate Fish Fry Seasoning Recipe
Are you ready to elevate your fish fry game? Whether you’re a seafood enthusiast or just love a good crispy fish dish, this fish fry seasoning recipe will become your go-to secret for creating mouthwatering, restaurant-quality results at home. Say goodbye to bland and hello to flavorful with this easy-to-follow recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the step-by-step guide, let’s gather all the delicious ingredients you’ll need for this exceptional fish fry seasoning:
For the Fish Coating
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
For the Fish
- 4-6 fish fillets (such as paplet or squid)
- Vegetable oil for frying
Preparing the Fish
Let’s start by preparing the fish. You can use fresh paplet or squid fish fillets for this recipe, but any white fish works well. Make sure the fillets are dry and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper.
Creating the Flavorful Seasoning Mix
In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the fish coating: flour, cornmeal, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, thyme, oregano, and basil. Mix them thoroughly to create your signature fish fry seasoning.
Coating and Frying
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or skillet to 350°F (175°C).
- Dip each fish fillet into the seasoning mix, making sure it’s evenly coated.
- Carefully place the coated fillets into the hot oil. Fry until they turn golden brown and crispy, which should take about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Once done, remove the fillets and let them drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Serving Your Delicious Fish Fry
Now, it’s time to enjoy your crispy and flavorful fish fry! Serve it hot with your favorite dipping sauce, coleslaw, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for that extra zing. This fish fry recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Variations to Explore
Feel free to get creative with your fish fry seasoning. You can add a dash of your favorite spices or herbs to customize the flavor to your liking. Whether you prefer a mild or spicy kick, this recipe is highly adaptable.
Paplet fish, also known as pomfret, is a delightful choice for this fish fry recipe. Its firm, white flesh absorbs flavors beautifully, resulting in a tender and delicious fried fish.
Squid fish, with its unique texture and mild seafood taste, is another excellent option. When prepared using this seasoning, it becomes irresistibly crispy on the outside while remaining tender on the inside.